Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Let your past determine you!

People say
   'Let not your past
   determine your future'
They say, 
   'Let go off the past
   Move on, keep on'
They say, 
   'Don't look back
   Leave it behind
   Let it not
   hold, entangle, imprison you'

Which past are they talking about?
For they don't know what happened

Surely it determine me 
    I am my past
    I am what happened

I say,
    Look back,
    Dig back,
    Let your past determine you.

I say,
    Dig further
    Not just to your hurt
    Not just to where you mess up
But,
    Dig decades further
    Dig centuries back
    Pass your past
    Dig 2000 years back
    Till you find the cross.
  
Where there is, 
    Healing before you even got hurt
    Forgiveness before you even mess up
    Redemption before you even got lost
    Love before you even experience hatred.

I say, 
   Look back
   Let your past determine you
   Dig back
   But dig further
   Dig deeper
   Till you find the cross
   Till you find Jesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment