Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Father


Some years back I was walking by this big house, with my mom and sister. We could hear loud music and saw a lot of people inside, it seemed like they were having a party. Wandering what is going on, we
stopped to take a look.  The father of the house, who happened to be behind us at that moment, invited us in. He was a man of great charisma. I have known the father since.

Recently, I learnt that he lost most of his young sons and daughters. The kids went out of the house and never returned for many years. People say that the man has been living in depression.  I heard that the father had enemy from a different tribe. He had some history with this tribe and they are the ones who took his kids. This tribe had tricked the kids to think that the kidnappers are good, loving people. But that is the opposite of this tribe, they have confused the hell out of the kids, they made them lose their dignity, they brainwashed them about their dad and brothers, they have just damaged them psychologically. People say even some of the kids have been killed.
Photo by Genaye Eshetu
The interesting part is the father has already paid the ransom. But the kids never returned home. It seems like they have no idea their ransom has been paid for, I even wonder if they know who their real father is now after all the brainwashing.

Anyways, I am writing this because I recently was walking by this family house.  I noticed the brothers who are lucky enough not to be kidnapped back then are having parties in their father’s house. Though it has been years since their brothers were kidnapped, I don’t understand how these brothers totally forgot about their younger brothers.

As I walk by the house, I noticed the father was sitting outside the house, so depressed. There were tears in his eyes. I can’t take his face out of my mind. The father has done whatever he could to get his children back. It seems there is nothing more to do for the father. 

However the kids need to know the ransom is already paid for them, that they have a father who love them and waiting for them. Their brothers who are the only people who can go, and tell their brothers the news and set them free are just keeping having parties. I believe somebody got to do something about this family.

I KNOW THIS STORY SOUNDS INSANE. BUT IT IS AS IT IS!

Though I wrote this as third person narrator (outsider) am adopted to be one of the sister's in the house, and I am equally to be blamed for my lost brothers and sisters!

1 comment:

  1. Check out the teaching on this video:-----http://vimeo.com/66319671

    ReplyDelete