Friday, August 9, 2013

Glimpse of life #3


While I am waiting!

I live in a country where patience is most required but I don't have patience. Everyday I have to go out to be in line to get a taxi. I go to hospital to get medical treatment, I am told to wait. I know the doctor is in his office, I know there is no patient with him but I have to wait till my name is called out. When I go to get my hair done, they give me a card with number written on it that shows how many people are before me, I wait! When I get tired from all the waiting I just want to go home and lie down, but I got to wait for the taxi again. If it is working hour I have to be in line to get into a taxi, if it is not I get into the taxi and wait till it loads more people.

Actually I have learned to avoid all this waiting, I take any option that doesn't require waiting, but sometimes I can't avoid it. I am now in a hospital waiting to get medical treatment. Why why why am I here?  I am not even that sick :( Oops there was a patient in the doctors room, and he looks extremely sick. Now the doctor is going to be mad at me that I am not that sick. Honestly  I am feeling so much better, if it wasn't for the fact that I waited so long I would have just gotten the hell out of here, I hate hospitals! 

I got to have some fun, let me tell you about the guy sitting next to me. Since the time I sat here, he has been cleaning his blue Samsung phone with napkins. This is what attracted my attention to him. And guess what his name is written on a piece of paper and plastered at the back if his phone. In case somebody calls and asks who he is and if he forgets, he can refer to the back of his phone ;) kidding! I have no idea why he has his name written on the back of his phone. May be it is not his name, may be.....believe me I am in a general hospital, not mental or anything related :)

What he wears seems to be some sort of a uniform, if not.., he had blue pants with red line on each side, a really yellow t-shirt, a really red shirt with sparkly stripes on and a brown jacket and a yellow cap with blue heart design on the front. Oh by the way, he stopped cleaning his phone and he is now fighting with his eyes that wants to fall asleep. He must be tired from all the waiting. I seriously am tired off all the waiting too.

The young girl sitting in front of me seems interested on what I am typing on my phone. She just keeps stretching to see what I am typing :) Oh! is there a specific code to clothing for patients coming to this hospital..' You should wear all the colorful clothes you have!' I am just saying cause the girl is also wearing a pink sweater, really pink, and a yellow hat, yes yellow! OMG she is also wearing a blue skirt :) 

I came here with a friend so that she accompany me while I am waiting, but some guy said I am supposed to sit on another chair close to the doctors room and she had to wait for me else where. I would have not felt the whole waiting if she is with me, but now.... she is also made to wait for me... I wander what goes in her mind but I bet she is not at all interested in the people sitting next to her. I am really tired of all the waiting! 

Yeah!! my friend came to sit with me, after all who cares about that young guy's rules in a country where everyone could make rules :) well then I am off to chat with my friend!

Oh I got to tell you this, don't you agree that we live in a crazy world? There was some hustle in the hospital, finally I learned that a mother run out leaving her one month old baby. Then I asked the pharmacist lady what really happened. She said the mother run out because her husband's family gave her a really hard time. Somehow they found the mother and I also saw the husband's family at the compound. The pharmacist said 'they are here to beat her, can you imagine what they do to her at home!' She really sounded angry. Then she turned to the the other male pharmacist and keeps asking him all this questions; 'who can better take care of my baby, me or my husband's family? Who can really take care of your baby? Your wife or your family? She kept asking the same question in different forms. He kept answering the same answer, 'my family! Husband's family!' I really thought he was joking so I smiled, but he gave me the hardest  look! Wey Gud!!

No comments:

Post a Comment